Monday, April 28

After two years of driving surreptitiously through blind-spots-of-traffic-policemen sort of places I finally have a license.

In my driving test, which took roughly 20 seconds to complete, I was asked to demonstrate the left turn signal. Period. The rest of the time I was there, all several hours of it, I was queuing for the test itself, or for a picture, and once in front of a stall to buy some water.

Oh, and yes, I paid my bribe to the sergeant (or 'surgeon', as everybody else seemed to refer to him). That is, I paid the money to the tout, who then passed it on discreetly. Very open sort of thing: pay bribe, get license.

No wonder the roads are all going to hell.

But I'm not complaining. I'm a bit shaky on the parking the car bit.

8 comments:

Mind Mapping said...

yes yes.
atleast they told you to show the left turn signal.
when my sister went for her test,she stood outside alipore court for a long time after which they told her that she doesnt have to give the test and just gave her a license.
the only question they asked was whether she was above 18.
SUPRISINGLY.
all this without money.

and i dislike the left turn signal.

Aquilus~ said...

Heh.
But how is it she wasn't asked for any money?
And so do I. What are indicators for, anyway? I dont even know anyone who still uses hand signals.

Anonymous said...

If only humans could fly and every car was a Speed Racer Mach 5.

Aquilus~ said...

heh! If only!

Rajasee Ray said...

i WANT a license.
i have a month. i have a month left to get a license... learn to drive (in the reverse order, although, not always)...
and then i go to college.
well, technically i can always learn after that.
but i WANT a license. before i change my mind.

Aquilus~ said...

@aarshi: Oh, get a license.. You can always learn to drive later!!!

@arunava: Well, how pleasant...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

How long before you're comfortable enough driving with your shoes on?

Now everyone knows. Heehee.

:P