Monday, April 17

It is rather liberating to think that no one reads my posts. (Yes, perhaps you do, Arunava, my dear fellow, but I have my doubts and for the life of me, I don't know why you would be interested.) So I can let my natural verbosity have full sway, and write something replete with verbiage. Yes, that felt good! Also, I can be self-righteous when I want, and frivolous at other times.

I have started translating Sholay into Latin. I submit an excerpt, for your reading pleasure:
Veeru: “Canis es. Nothus es. Sanguinem tuum potabo.”
In stalls soon, people. Await it with bated breath.

Another consequence of having posts no one reads. Here is something I wouldn’t really like people to know. I have enough people thinking of me as maudlin. A kitten almost ran under the wheels of our car as I was wending my weary way home today. I got out and put it back on the side of the road, but it just wouldn’t stay. It kept following me back onto the road. I finally picked it up and took it home in the face of almost tearful protests from the mater. Who finally relented. (It was very cute. Did you know, O imaginary people, that small mammals have evolved large eyes and button noses as a defense mechanism, so adults of most species would not kill them?) Anyway, I took it home, where La grandmeré threw a fit, threatened to leave home, and generally invoked the powers of darkness down on the kitten while I fed it milk with an ear-cleaning-bud-stick-thingy. I was finally forced to take it back and place it where I had found it. Perhaps it is self delusion secondary to guilt, but I have a mental picture of a worried looking cat hurrying towards it, so maybe all is well that ends well. I can’t really see Thor taking kindly to a cat.

And on another note, ACED my pharmacology exam.
Yes, I know, (imaginary) Gentlemen. I am Da Man.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speak For Yourself. Ol' Quil has had enough. Was thinking of sending it to you, though.

PS. Would you buy my translation? On special for my friends!

March Hare said...

hey...u write well!!! nice blog...

Anonymous said...

Thank you "sen"sational. Imagine me blushing fierily as I type this.
PS. People read my blog. YAAAAY.