Monday, November 20

I want time to stop.

I want order. And quiet.

And long, cool draughts of rest, to fill my soul.

And long, quiet conversations where I do not need to be charming.

And days where I do not have to be intelligent.

And evenings with my feet up, reading.

I do not want to pace this bridge anymore.

I want everything to stop. Now.

I want to live here.

And I want this moment to be everywhen.

I see a thousand shades rise up out of the dark. They tell me that no single thing abides, and that all things must flow. Who was it that said that? Lucretius? I forget.

Everything flows away.

Away into the dark that houses the past, where the smell of sacred incense blends with the stench of dead intentions, with the sustaining odor of past triumphs, with the tang of happy promises and every so often, with an elusive whiff of forlorn regret.

10 comments:

Viator Magnus said...

permanence is death, little bird.

when the shark stops moving, it dies.

March Hare said...

So what's stopping you??

Stop.
Right now. :)

Anonymous said...

@magnus: Precisely. But maybe the shark is suicidal. Ever Thought of that? ;)

@sen: I dont know whats holding me back.. inhibitions, or insecurities, I suppose!

@Agarwaen: I'm reading this wonderful book by David Lodge about this Catholic couple who cannot use birth control, but desperately want to. Its hilarious. The man's a genius, every book of david lodge's Ive read has left me wanting more.

the [R]etard said...

hmm... so the eagle's turned into a shark thats comtemplating ending its life?
this is confusing. not the post. just all the resulting theories.
:)

i agree with what magnus said though.

but i'm terrified of sharks... or anything that moves in very deep water.

faithless the wonder boy said...

i want chaos..organised chaos

Xiamaze said...

"And days where I do not have to be intelligent."

i so agree with this.

"i want everything to stop. Now.
I want to live here"

i feel the same way untill i arrive "here"...then i realise that this isnt the right place to stop, so i have to go on...and this keeps happening...ok i cant make you understand what i'm trying to say here...
listen to the song "arriving somewhere but not here" by porcupine tree...and you'll get it.


and what with the word verification?

Ashi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashi said...

p.s i like david lodge,umm actually i am being judgmental since the only i have read is small world.

Ashi said...

listen to right now (van halen), actually see the video.
also i too need "quiet conversations where I do not need to be charming" i pine for them now. oh after a long time i love a blog, i do no flattery intended.

Anonymous said...

@ ashi: I really like david lodge. My favourite is "out of the shelter". Read it sometime.
And I have that song, and I really like that video. You know, when it says, right now, Its business as usual in the woods...? I really like that.
:)