Monday, August 14

Have you ever been delayed just before the light changes at a busy intersection? While incredibly pompous looking bald men driving cars of a most unpleasant shade of gangrene green make U-turns?

Have you ever been stuck behind an automobile that a discerning slug would scorn to own (if slugs could own automobiles)?

Has your car ever been clipped and its rear lights destroyed by moronic taxi drivers?
Have said taxi drivers chortled apologetically while you are dealing with a fit of apoplectic rage?

All of these things have happened to me.

It does not help that G, who drives us, is the meekest soul alive. The most fiendish of drivers draw, at most, a chuckle from him. This is while the seat belt is beginning to feel too tight to me, blood vessels are cording up at my temple, I am making various inarticulate noises, and words that I shall not sully any maidenly eyes that might be reading this with are rising unbidden to my lips.

I don’t think I can drive in this city. The stress would kill me.

The police are no help. Inexplicably, their sole desire seems to be the re-establishment of smooth traffic flow, and they simply refuse to let angry young men with disordered hair harangue catatonically stupid taxi drivers for any reasonable length of time.
I simply cannot understand this. I am put back in the car, kicking and gesticulating wildly, by the united efforts of tubby traffic constable and G.

I need a weapon. A thing of awesome power, something that would do the talking for me and would make even the most obtuse traffic cop look the other way as I flayed the skin off of offending drivers.

Excuse me while I experiment with attaching this meat cleaver to the end of this hockey stick.

18 comments:

Viator Magnus said...

try the desert eagle xix, the most powerful handgun in use, carrying clips of 7 magnum .50 cal ammunition. it knocks men clean off their feet with chestshots, and tends to splatter their blood in an oddly satisfying way over the walls around.
a man can kill an elephant with it if he can stand the AWESOME recoil and hit between its little, watery eyes.

Viator Magnus said...

that wasn't me of course.
david morell in "first blood".

Viator Magnus said...

and some people do that sort of thing for fun. my uncle who's a superintendent in customs knew one of the chauffeurs there, an old man who drove an older unnis sow pachas ka khatara willy's jeep and LOVED to scratch the gleaming paint off esteems(new in the city at the time).
and that's not even mentioning the city's auto-wallahs and taxi drivers.
I HATE ROAD HOGS!!

Anonymous said...

I never deplore people's taste in books, magnus, and far be it from me to be a literary puritan, but Good God...! Is that what kids are reading nowadays?
:o

;)

Xiamaze said...

huh?
what?

the [R]etard said...

*grins*

this is funny...

you're all just funny...

what fun...

lots of funny people...

funny people rock...

oh my god...

i think i've lost my mind completely...

shunshine :)

Anonymous said...

@xia: this deals ith the subject of road rage... Mine, to be precise...

@shunshine: Thanks.. And I told you 'shunshine' was cute. It sounds so cute, does it not?

Xiamaze said...

yes it does...i told her to change it as well...
and she listened to me. us..

the [R]etard said...

xiamaze. i just got home. its 9:15. i am exhausted. sid did some really cool power chordy thing for the watery song. he shall come tomorrow after he is done with school and teach you the solo which is very bewteephul. i know i should you writing this on ur blog but it isnt opening. and i'm gonna sleep now or i will never be able to make it tomorrow.

aqulius. hello :)

Anonymous said...

@Xiamaze: You betcha, xia... ;)

@purpleshunshinethings: hello. :)

the [R]etard said...

aquilus. how are you?

Viator Magnus said...

what was all that about? is this some sort of chat bin? can i join? hello owl! or should i say eagle, or just bird.

and where did that come from? everybody's seen rambo when they were kids, right? what if i borrowed the stupid book from my school lib and read it.

and, besides, i hate ascii smileys. so bugger off!!

Anonymous said...

Hello, purpleshunshine.

Magnus, I havent ever seen rambo from beginning to end.. none of em.. and I have actually not seen rocky either. I hate the guy, stallone, whatever. And yes, have seen terminator, as well as die hard, but the level of puerile macho shit you have to contend with in either is much less...

And I dont mind if people leave comments to each other on my blog.. so there!

And bite me.

And btw, I just realised this, iter magnus is grammatically incorrect... Iter is neuter, and thus will take an adjective in neuter form.. so it should be iter magnum.

the [R]etard said...

i like Oscar. which is movie by stalone/stallone... which ever.

this is fun but.

Anonymous said...

@Purpleshunshinethings: Yes, I liked oscar too, especially the solo of Figaro during the credits...

and Magnus: :) :) :P ;) Ha!

Rajasee Ray said...

a bus crashed into our old maruti 800 and shattered the pichhoner glass and we complained to the traffic policeman who saw it all happened.

he said, "ami ki korbo? thanay giye report likhun. garir no. ta dekhe rekhechhen?"

Anonymous said...

And if you actually go to the police station they make you wait, and you have to keep going back for hearings... one just does not have the time.

I get so mad, they make us feel so helpless...

Viator Magnus said...

Ah, right, so I'm the traveller now. Thanks.

The dictionary I use has the most unreadable italics. n's look like m's and e's like c's.