Thursday, September 14

She was beautiful, and not only to look at.
She sang, and danced, for no one in particular.
For anyone who asked her.

She was askew, and he was not. She swam in worlds with jagged windows, oblivious to all around her, and he lived in his room, with his bed and his books, awash in a music he dreamt was coming from long, fair fingers playing strange instruments.

One night he heard her talking to him, she was talking with her red mouth with the sharp, sharp teeth, and he was mesmerized and the scent of her was everywhere and nowhere, and her fingers were like daggers.

She said, as she smiled, and he was lost, as he looked at her, she was glinting in the faint light, like unpolished gold, and he looked at her mouth, and she said:

Take my hand.
Come with me tonight, to my palace of nothingness.
And surrounded by walls of silence,
Forget the emptiness inside you for a few moments.
Lose yourself in my darkness.
Strip away your soul.
I want your soul.
Live.
Emote.
Rend.
Change.

Evolve, baby; evolve.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey is this the 2nd poem u were talkin abt!u write gr8 poems really!!must'v had one helluva muse!!will discuss wen we spk!

Joychaser said...

Does this she exist?

She and I'd be very good friends. ;}

Anonymous said...

@ Priyo: hehe! This isnt the poem I was telling you about... A friend of mine, V, was writing a poem for the girl he was in love with, and he'd got up to:
"you talk so fine,
your walk so divine...!"
I asked him to throw it away and wrote one for him.
My poem got him a kiss from her, and that, I'll have you know, is an achievement!

@ Diviani: 'She' is a mixture of two people, so she doesnt really exist. And yes, I think you would make good friends too!!!

@ Agarwaen: Isnt it? thanks...:)

Xiamaze said...

hey aquilus!
shunshine found diviani on orkut.
....
she found you as well...

:)

Anonymous said...

ah damn u!u make gud use of ur writing skills 2 benefit others.....TRY SUMTHIN 4 UR SAKE- it JUST might work out u Mr. Pessimist!

Anonymous said...

@ xiamaze: I know..! and I found you too, actually!

@ Priyo: What can I say, my damned munificence..! :)

Viator Magnus said...

Vampiroid..

Count Karl approves of her...

Anonymous said...

I am most gratified, karl.

But she is mine.

Mine, all mine.

- Vlad III, Duke of ---